BRAVO pH Study
You will be sedated for the BRAVO pH Study. You can expect to be in Suite 302 for 2-3 hours.
You cannot have a BRAVO done if you have a pacemaker or defibrillator.
You will need to avoid the following medications for 3 days prior:
- Pepcid (famotidine)
- Zantac (ranitidine)
- Tagamet (cimetidine)
- Axid (nizatidine)
- Prilosec (omeprazole)
- Prevacid (lansoprazole)
- Aciphex (rabeprazole)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Protonix (pantoprazole)
- Dexilant (dexlansoprazole)
*You may use Tums, Rolaids, Maalox, Mylanta, or Gaviscon ES after meals and at bedtime for symptoms until after the test is completed.*
*Please notify the nurse if you have a pacemaker of implanted defibrillator.*
- On the day before your test, please eat a light supper.
- AFTER YOUR LIGHT SUPPER YOU MAY ONLY DRINK CLEAR LIQUIDS. You may drink clear liquids until four hours before your procedure arrival time. You may brush your teeth.
- You must bring someone with you who can drive you home, because you will be given sedation for the test. If you do not bring a driver, your test will not be done. The person driving you home should be available to be with you when the doctor is discharging you so they can help you remember what is discussed.
- Insulin or oral diabetic medications should not be taken on the morning of your test. You may resume taking your medications after you are able to eat.
- Heart or blood pressure medications should be taken the morning of the test as regularly scheduled with a small amount of water.
- If you are on Coumadin, discuss this with the nurse or doctor. You will be told if you need to have lab work drawn prior to the procedure and whether you need to adjust or stop this medication.
BRING YOUR CURRENT MEDICATIONS OR A LIST WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF YOUR TEST.
IF YOU CANNOT KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR AT LEAST TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.