Sylvia Oats, MSN, APRN, ANP-BC
Mrs. Oats, a native of New Orleans, received her Bachelor in Nursing from University of Southwestern Louisiana in 1978. Then in 1993, she received her Master of Health Administration from Tulane University. She received her Master of Science in Nursing from McNeese in 2008 and became an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) in March of 2009.
Mrs. Oats has served the New Orleans area as a Director of a cancer center, Head Nurse, In-service Instructor, and a Surgical Intensive Care Nurse.
She came to Lafayette General Medical Center in 1985 and served as an Administrator of Oncology and Medical/Surgical Services, Nursing Director, Reengineering VP, and Director of the Radiation Oncology. Since 2009, Mrs. Oats has been with Gastroenterology Clinic of Acadiana (The Gastro Clinic) as a Nurse Practitioner.
Mrs. Oats is a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioner
- Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Leadership Institute of Acadiana
- Named Woman of the Year by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in 2005
- Charter member to annually present the Institute of Breast Health to Acadiana
- Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant member of the AGA (The American Gastroenterolgy Association) governing board
Sylvia enjoys the continuous learning environment at The Gastro Clinic and focuses on optimal health. She is at home in Lafayette with her husband, Steve and their yellow Labrador, Lexie. Sylvia enjoys cooking, entertaining and regular Pilate’s